Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Craving: Cake Pops!

  So I was sooo into the cake pop craze and wanted to hop on that trend.  My ingredients consisted of what you see in the picture. (Post-cake bake). All you need is a packaged cake mix (I used Duncan Hines), any size lollipop sticks (I picked mine up from Michael's), icing, and any decorations you prefer! I used sprinkles I found in the back of my cabinet, could've been old, who knows!
 Cake pops require whipped icing.  I only had regular icing stocked in my dessert cabinet.  The solution? Mixmaster that shit and you get whipped icing! Whip it on the highest setting and you won't have to go spend useless money to get a different kind.
 Once the batter was done, it was time to put the batter into small balls.  *Do not make the balls immediately after the cake is done.  If the cake is too moist, your balls will not stay together. (That's what she said) You have to make sure the cake is cool before adding the icing to the cake batter.
 Once the balls were in place, an easier way to get the sticks to stay in place was to fill the ball with some icing.  The icing basically acted like glue.














Once the pops were in place, they were ready to be decorated.  I dipped them in melted chocolate and added sprinkles and chocolate chips!! This was the end result and they tasted AMAZING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment